Saturday, August 18, 2018

Craftin Desert Divas August Release Blog Hop Day 2

http://www.craftindesertdivasblog.com/2018/08/august-release-blog-hop-day-2.html

Hello everyone!...  
Welcome to Craftin Desert Divas Blog Hop Day 2.   So glad you're hopping along with us.  I'd like to take this opportunity to share with you how I created my card combining both Hill Scene 1 and 2 stencils as well as Critter Punnies stamp to create this scene. 


I began by masking the carrot image and stamped repeatedly to created the big pile of carrots as well as the bunny from Critter Punnies stamp with Memento Tuxedo Black ink.  I then colored the image with copic markers and fussy cut it out.


With some masking, I used Hill Scene 1 stencil to create the tree with Distress Oxide Ink in Vintage photo.


Next, I used Hill Scene 1 and 2 stencils on top of each other to get the hill slope and the path but later on I change my mind and create the rainbow instead.


 

I continued with my original plan to create the path using some distress inks and distress oxide ink for the pebble area with Hill Scene 2 stencil


I also used the puffy clouds edges from Hill Scene 2 stencil to create the sky.


Here is how it look before I changed my plan.  I feel funny that the path is way up to the sky *lol*  So I decided to trace the path stencil from Hill Scene 1 stencil and divided the areas for the rainbow colors.


I feel like it more and it makes sense to me.

Here is the closer look one more time 


I also stamped the pun sentiment onto white card stock and cut it with the label die from Tag It dies.

And here are 2 more cards that I showcased in the release.



For this card, I played around with the Mushroom Border dies by continuing cutting the die to make it longer and I moved the tree stump which originally will be toward the left side.  I just wanted my sweet squirrel to have something to lean on... *lol*   I used the Torn Paper dies for decorative edges and accent faux stitching with white gel pen.


As for the sky I used Hill Scene 2 stencil for light yellow clouds background and finished it off with Lollipop sequins.



As for this card, I love the new Inside Scalloped Oval dies to frame my scene.  With Harvest Border dies, I created the hill background for the adorable troll and her scarecrow.  And again I used Hill Scene 2 stencil to create the path as well as the puffy clouds sky.


I also used Flag Banner dies for my sentiment and here is the closer look.  I hope you have fun hopping along with us today.

Once you're done hopping, head over to the Craftin Desert Divas shop to snag you special discount 5% off through 8/19. Including new release products.

http://craftindesertdivas.com/new-release/?aff=7

I said too much already :) So please hop along to our next Guest Designer Angelica

Thank you
Jan
And here is the lineup for today Blog Hop Day 2

Jan <--- You are here
Angelica (Guest Designer) <--- Your Next stop
Elaine  


2 comments: