Saturday, January 9, 2016

Chickie - Just Because "I Love You"

Hello Friends...
It's Jan here from handcraft hobby.  Today I am on Craftin Desert Divas' Blog sharing with you my little projcet, fun pull out card.  I can't resist this cutie - Chickie stamp set :)  Here is my card...


I started by using Fancy Frames Dies (2nd from the largest) to cut my panel on white cardstock. I then stamped my big chickie and the little ones side by side onto another white cardstock and colored them in with various copic markers then fuzzy cut them out.

I used Simply Said stamp set for all my sentiments. I positioned my chickie image at the center of my panel as a guide and stamped the sentiment "Just Because" above it.  Then I stamped the sentiment " I love you" at the center and made sure that my image was covered the sentiment.

Toward the bottom of the chickie image, on my main panel I cut a long track for my pull out mechanism (about 1/16 inch hight and stopped about half an inch toward the right side of the panel).
I used 2 thin strips of paper folded about an inch toward the end and criss cross each other.  I then attached my chickie image as shown below.

Here is my paper mechanism...





Before I inserted my pull out mechanism paper I distressed the panel with light blue ink to make the sky and green ink for my grassy scene.  From behind my main panel I then pushed my image thru the front and made sure that another strip of pull out paper was behide and on the right side.

I then cut the grassy die - Outdoor Landscape die from green cardstock and popped them up with the form tape so that they would be no blocking when pulling out and also to cover the track.

Here is another image after pulling out.


I also stamped the sentiment "Always" at the pull out tap itself to reveal another secret message.  I popped the whole panel up with form tape and started to work on my cardbase.  I heat embossed the little chickie onto the cardbase itself with clear embossing power at all 4 sides. Then I put the whole main panel at the center of my cardbase and did some decorations.  And it's done!

Here is full card after pulling the tap


Thank you so much for stopping by and here are CDD products that I used.

Chickie
Simply Said

Fancy Frames Dies
Outdoor Landscape Dies




No comments:

Post a Comment