Thursday, December 29, 2016

* Happiness * Lucky * Fortune *

Hello everyone... I am back with my project for Craftin Desert Divas's Blog today.  I am so fasinated by this Unquie stamp Dragon Festival that my friend Mindy designed for November Release.  As being a Thai/Chinese I find this set will be my most used set for Chinese New Year.  But it's not just limited to Chinese New Year it also can be used for Birthday and Well Wishes for my Chinese friends all over the world...   Well let just jump right into my today project shall we :)

Here is what I made for you
In stead of making a card I decided to do a decorative panels to display using the beautiful and elegant dragon from Dragon Festival stamp.

And here are the closer look

And Here's how I made it
I began by cutting red card stock at 3 and 1/4 inches by 5 and 1/2 inches for 3 pieces and thin red construction paper slightly less and 1/2 inch by 4 and 1/2 inches for 2 pieces for the hinge....  The size of the panels can be varies depend on how big of the window die you are using.  You just have to add a little of the space for both sizes to attach the hinge

I used the small scalloped rectangle from Fancy Frame Dies for the openning windows and one of the decorative edge die from Shaker Tag Dies to make the legs.

After cutting those 3 panels I attached them with the construction paper hinges and began to embossed the small lantern all over the panels with white embossing power.

I then cut 3 pieces of vellum paper a bit bigger than the window and embossed the dragon with gold embossing powder.  Since I wanted the dragon to be at both panels so the dragon will be longer than the original stamp size.  I then embossed the sentiment "Wishing You" from Wishful Thoughts stamp set at the 1st panel and also embossed the sentiment "Happy New Year" from the Dragon Festival set at the middle panel.

For the third panel, I used the small circle die also from the Shaker Tag Dies and embossed with white embossing powder with those 3 Chinese Prosperity Words.. "Happiness, Lucky and Fortune",

Last thing I did was fold each panel at mountain and valley fold and it's all done!   I hope you like my little project and Thank you for stopping by today.

Here are CDD products that I used
Dragon Festival
Wishful Thoughts
Fancy Frame Dies
Shaker Tag Dies


No comments:

Post a Comment