Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Best Of Friends

Hello Friends...
It's Jan here from handcraft hobby.  Today I am on Craftin Desert Divas' Blog sharing with you my little projcet.  Watercoloring is in trend right now so I thought I'll give it a try :).
And here are my cards..






I created these 2 cards using the same technique just different tone of colors.  I began painting my background using liquid watercolors to create my landscapes.  After that I left them aside to dry.

I then using Fancy Frame Dies to create my frames from black cardstock. I then drawn inner frame with pencil at all 4 sides. And before I cut them out I stamped black ink and clear embossed my images using the lovely cat couple from Lovies stamp set at the bottom of my drawn line as if they were sitting at the bottom of the window frame.  I then cut only 3 sides of my inner frame out with my x-acto knife (except the bottom parts).  Then I cut around my image left the bottom part of the cats still attahced to my frame.  So now I had my cat couple still attached to the frames.

After the watercolor panels dried I stamped the sentiment which also from Lovies stamp set onto my panels.  I then popped up my frames with form tape and adhered them on the watercolor panels.  Then all attached to my card bases.


Here is how the cat couple look like up closed




And here is my sentiment up closed





Thank you so much for stopping by today and I hope you have a wonderful day!


Here are CDD products that I used...


Lovies

Facny frame Dies














No comments:

Post a Comment