Monday, July 4, 2016

Good Morning Cup



Hello friends! The theme for this Linky Party at Craftin Desert Divas is "Coffee"! We would love to see all of your projects that fit this theme! So go ahead and craft it and link it up on the Craftin Desert Diva's Blog.

Every other Monday will mark the beginning of a new semi-weekly Linky Party over 
at the CDD blog. We hope you will share your projects with us! And don't forget 
about  the prizes! Every Linky Party will have a winner and a Top 3! 
The more times you link up...the more chances you have to win!!

Our Sponsors for this Linky Party are:

One 4"x 6" stamp set
One Digi Stamp of choice
Here is what I made..
I thought it would be fun to play around with the digial stamp for this project.  I was looking thru Craftin Desert Divas Digital stamps section and came across this Good Morning Cup digital stamp so I thought I would made it to be those classic chinas.. 

My way of doing digital stamp is simple. (I am very weak in technology and I don't have any editing software..) I downloaded the image and opened it with Windows Explorer to unzip my file. I then selected jpg image and used the editing tool (retouch) to alter/erase the wording inside the cup and saved it to the different file name.  I used crop option to crop out the wording, retouched it and also saved to another file.

Then I used Microsoft PowerPoint to size and arrange my image.  To make the saucer I used the oval shape and adjusted the size to fit my cup.  I then brought forward my cup image to the front and then again saved the image in jpg file. I opened my latest file in Microsoft Word, adjusted to the size that I wanted and printed it out onto my white card stock.  I used Fancy Frame Dies to cut the panel out.  

To make it looked like those classic chinas, I used the small rose image from Flowers In Bloom and stamped it at the center of the cup and masked it with postit note then stamped another one on each side of the center rose.  I also handdrawn the saucer base.  

I used black marker to fill in those words and colored the image by using various copic markers.  I also used gold and white gel pens to accent my cup and saucer.  I drawn the coffee steamers and attached my panel onto my blue card base.  To finish it off I used Star Sequins Blue and adhered them here and there and it's done!

And here are the closer look

Thank you for stopping by today! Have a Wonderful day!

Here are all the CDD products I used:

Good Morning Cup

Flowers In Bloom
Fancy Frame Dies

Star Sequins Blue


No comments:

Post a Comment