Monday, March 14, 2016

Craftin Desert Divas Linky Party Theme - Color/Photo Inspiration


Hello friends! The theme for this Linky Party at Craftin Desert Divas is "Color/Photo Inspiration"! We would love to see all of your projects that fit this theme! So go ahead and craft it and link it up on the Craftin Desert Diva's Blog.

Every other Monday will mark the beginning of a new semi-weekly Linky Party over 
at the CDD blog. We hope you will share your projects with us! And don't forget 
about  the prizes! Every Linky Party will have a winner and a Top 3! 
The more times you link up...the more chances you have to win!!

Our Sponsors for this Linky Party are:

One 4"x 6" stamp set
One Digi Stamp of choice

$25 Gift Card (Regular Priced Items)

Here is  card # 1 that I created ....
Look at this adorable multicolor chick!
Don't you love her.. *lol*

I have to admit that I did practiced this technique quite abit before I achieved the look I like.  The images that I used is from Bunny Trail stamp set.  I used Distress inks as watercolor medium for the eggs and the background.  The distress inks that I used were Mustard Seed, Milled Lavender, Seedless Preserves, Barn Door and Cracked Pistacio.  For the chicken image, I used similar colors with copic markers.

On the watercolor paper, I first wet the area that I wanted to put the ink on.  I then dropped the respective color onto it.  I put more water on that wet area to make it a pool of color water.  Then I used straw to blow the ink toward the center of the card.  I kept on adding ink and water until I got the color that I wanted.  I did all 5 colors in the same manner and I used the heat tools to dry each color in between.

I then stamped the eggs image multiple times on watercolor paper and colored them with distress inks as well then fussy cut them out.  For the chicken, I stamped the image on white card stock and colored her with various copic markers then fussy cut her out too. 
Here is how it look closed up
After the colored puddles dried, I used Fancy Frame Dies to cut it out.  I then arranged the eggs on top of the each colors, some were directly to the panel and some were on form tape.  I also stamped the sentiment toward the bottom of the card and adhered the chicken image above the sentiment.  I had to make it extra special by adding stickles on top of the chicken's egg shell and finished it of with Pastel Paradise sequins.

 Here is the closed up for the sentiment and sequins

And my card # 2 and #3
 I used the same distress inks pallet that I used from my card #1 (Mustard Seed, Milled Lavender, Seedless Preserves, Barn Door and Cracked Pistacio).  I started by stamping my piggy image from Farm Living Stamp Set 2 times onto white card stock.  I then colored them with various copic markers and fussy cut them out.  I used watercolor papers for both of my panels.
First one at the bottom right I used paint brush to do washing on the paper with water and then drop the distress inks at each areas.
Second card I mixed distress inks with water and used ink smooching technique with acetate sheet to transfer each inks onto the paper.  I then allowed both panels to dry.  I mixed all 5 colors together to get my brown and colored the ground for my piggies to stand.

Here are the coloser look for each card
This card I used Fancy Frame Die to cut out the panel and then attached the pig above the ground then the whole panel attached onto the cardbase.

 This card I just cut the panel to size and attached my image then onto the card base.
I then stamped the sentiment on to both cards and decorated them with Pastel Paradise Sequins.

Here is the closer look for the sentiment and sequins
 

I hope you like them and Thank you for stopping by.  I wish you all a wonderful day!

Here are all the CDD products I used :
Farm Living
Fancy Frame Dies







No comments:

Post a Comment